UPDATE (2/4/2016): On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 the City of Pittsburgh Historic Review Commission voted to move the historic nomination forward. There will be a public hearing for the historic designation at the next Historic Review Commission Meeting on Wednesday, March 2, 2016.
Post-Gazette article on the HRC’s decision at the February meeting: “Preservation fight begins for Albright United Methodist Church in Bloomfield”
You can support Albright for historic designation…
- Attend the Public Hearing on Wednesday, March 2, 2016 and voicing your support for historic designation. RSVP & share the Facebook event for the hearing.
- Send the Historic Review Commission a letter of support (sample letters and detail are below).
- Sign the petition & share with your friends! http://bit.ly/AlbrightPetition.
- Tweet your support – use the #SaveAlbright and please cc @BillPeduto & @DebGrossPGH.
On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 the City of Pittsburgh Historic Review Commission will review the historic nomination of the Albright United Methodist Church building which is located at 486 S. Graham Street (the corner of Centre Ave & S. Graham).
Here are the ways that you can show your support for the historic designation, the most important way to show your support is to attend the HRC meeting on Wednesday, February 3. If you are not available please follow the instructions below to send a letter of support and sign our petition.
1. Attend the Historic Review Commission Meeting
There will be time for the public to voice their support of the historic designation. If you are able to attend the HRC meeting, it would be helpful to have as many people as possible speak in favor of the historic designation. If you are planning to attend, please RSVP on Facebook or email email@example.com.
- Date: The Historic Review Commission will be held on Wed, February 3, 2016. The meeting agenda is available online here.
- Location: 200 Ross Street, 1st floor hearing room. (Enter the building, and the hearing room is located to the right).
- Time: The meeting starts at 12:30pm, Albright’s nomination is later on the agenda, and will likely not start until after 1:45pm.
2. Send a Letter to the Historic Review Commission Supporting Historic Designation
Please take a moment to send a letter to the Historic Review Commission expressing your support of historic designation for Albright.
Letters should be addressed to:
- Ernie Hogan, Acting Chair, City of Pittsburgh Historic Review Commission
Send your email to:
- City of Pittsburgh Historic Review Commission via Sarah Quinn firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mayor Bill Peduto email@example.com
- Councilwoman Deb Gross firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friends of Albright friends@AlbrightPGH.com
To: Ernie Hogan, Acting Chair, City of Pittsburgh Historic Review Commission
Dear Mr. Hogan,
I support the historic designation of the Albright United Methodist Church building located at 486 S Graham St, Pittsburgh, PA 15232.
[Optional: add your own comments about why historic designation is important]
3. Sign the Petition
Add your name to the petition supporting Historic Designation for the Albright Church building –> http://bit.ly/AlbrightPetition