Pittsburgh City Council has scheduled a public hearing on the historic designation of the Albright Church building for Monday, July 25, 2016 at 2pm in City Council Chambers.
This is the LAST opportunity for the public to speak out in support of a historic designation for the building.
Here is how you can help:
1. Attend the Public Hearing & Speak in FAVOR of the historic designation
The public hearing in front of City Council is the last step in the historic designation process. We have had a great turn out for the past hearings and need to fill every seat in the room with Albright supporters.
- IMPORTANT: If you are able to attend and you are willing to speak – please call the City Clerk at 412-255-2138 and ask to be listed as a speaker in FAVOR of historic designation.
- Let us know you will attend and request a t-shirt here.
2. Contact your City Council Representative
Take a moment to send an email to your City Council representative and ask them to support the historic designation for the Albright Church Building. Please cc: Friends@AlbrightPGH.com so we can print a copy to bring to the hearing.
- Bruce Kraus, Council President – email@example.com
- Reverend Ricky Burgess – reverend.burgess@pittsburghpa. gov
- Daniel Gilman – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Natalia Rudiak – natalia.rudiak@pittsburghpa. gov
- Darlene Harris – Darlene.Harris@pittsburghpa. gov
- Deborah Gross – email@example.com
- Daniel Lavelle – daniel.lavelle@pittsburghpa. gov
- Theresa Kail-Smith – Theresa.Kail-Smith@ pittsburghpa.gov
- Corey O’Connor – firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Sign & Share Our Petition
If you have not yet signed the petition supporting Historic Designation for Albright, please sign the petition and share it with your friends. Click here to sign the petition!
You can help support our efforts by making a contribution to Friends of Albright through our fiscal sponsor, New Sun Rising. Funds will be used for t-shirt printing and legal costs associated with preserving the building.